Thursday 28 February 2008

Urgh.

Mararon-A-Day #6: Pistache

You know how marzipan tastes nothing like almonds? And you know how there's a similar problem with pistachios, whereby at, for example, cheap Italian cafes the pistachio gelati tastes nothing like pistachios but rather like the agreed upon idea of what bright green 'pistachio' flavour should be?

Well this was that flavour. Which I don't particularly like, in the same way that I don't like marzipan. Which is not to say that this macaron was bad per se, it just wasn't what I was hoping for.

Oh well. Onwards and upwards!

1 comment:

Elsie said...

I'm so impressed with your dedication with these Macarons. I think once you've sampled them all, you should collate your photos and get them printed and taken them to the shop and see if they want to put them on display!