Friday 13 April 2007

figuring it out.

I LOVE the raita at Beyond India - so much better than all the other raitas I've ever had (except maybe the smoked eggplant one I had at the Snake Charmer), but I've never been able to figure out why it's so delicious.

And then I figured it out. The magic ingredient.

Sugar.

Of course. It's always that simple isn't it? The sugar (icing sugar is best) is definitely it, becuase it doesn't seem to matter what else I mix in with the yoghurt it still tastes excellently better than before, and with my raitas (and everyone else's from what the internet tells me) that's a good thing, becuase they tend to be a bit of a mixed bag of whatever I can be bothered putting in: some combination of yoghurt, onion, garlic, ginger, cucumber, banana, mint, coriander, cumin, fennel, coriander powder, cinnamon, chilli powder, lemon juice etc etc etc.

Sugar.

1 comment:

Margie said...

cheap AND easy! yay!
:D